The Landing (map here) is a non-profit service at the University of Alberta that offers support for gender and sexual diversity. We strive to promote gender equity on a broad scale, and advocate for the safety and acceptance of individuals of all genders and sexualities in campus life.
As part of this mandate, we support LGBTTQQPIANU+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Two-Spirit, Queer, Questioning, Pansexual, Intersex, Asexual, Non-Binary, Unlabelled, and more) communities and individuals, as well as their supporters, friends, family and loved ones.
The Landing is currently seeking individuals to sit on our Board of Directors. Please see our Job Postings page for more information! Deadline has been extended to October 10!
- Regularly scheduled drop-in hours staffed by volunteers
- A variety of services, including peer mentorship, resources, and referrals for anyone working through issues around gender and sexual identity and related stressors
- Education sessions for students and staff of all genders and sexualities
- Awareness campaigns, advocacy, outreach, and events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Cool events! Sign up for our newsletter here
In order to provide a safe, inclusive, and welcoming space, we believe in creating an environment that is
- Respectful of confidential and/or personal information
- Inclusive of all genders and sexualities
- Welcoming of all definitions of family
- Trans positive
The Landing and its volunteers actively endeavour to identify and address intersecting systems of oppression, including but not limited to homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, racism, colonization, xenophobia, ableism, sexism, classism, and sizeism.
We respectfully recognize that the University of Alberta, and therefore The Landing, is located on Treaty 6 land, which is the traditional territory of First Nations (Cree, Saulteaux, Blackfoot, Nakota Sioux) and Métis people. The U of A is on Papaschase Cree territory, and we honor that land.
The Landing is student-funded and made possible through the generous in-kind support of the Students’ Union (please visit the SU website for information on student fees).
FALL TERM HOURS
10 am – 4 pm, Monday through Thursday